Guwahati, April 4: In view of introduction of the New Service Charges applicable to Persol Segment Savings Bank Account, we hereby clarify the guidelines as under:
1. Salary Package Account, like State Govt. Salary Package, Police Salary Package, etc, Basic Savings Bank, Small & PMJDY a/cs are not required to maintain any minimum Average Monthly Balance (MAB). No stipulation for minimum balance for these accounts.
2. Other Savings Bank Account holders are required to maintain certain MAB. This differs from centre to Centre.
3. For Rural centres, minimum MAB is Rs 1000/-, Semi-urban it is Rs 2000/- , Urban Centres Rs 3000/- and Metro Centres Rs 5000/-. In North East Circle, no centre is classified as Metro Centre.
4. Monthly Average Balance does not require a person to keep the MAB all the time. A customer can maintain any balance on any day of the month but sum of all day-end balances divided by no of days of the month will be the Monthly Average Balance (MAB).
Example: Suppose a customer at Rural Centre maintains a balance of Rs 5000/- on a day and he withdraws the entire amount the next day, his Average Balance for a five day period is maintained. Accordingly, if someone keeps a balance of Rs 30,000/- for a day at Rural centres and withdraws the entire amount on subsequent days, it means, Rs 30,000/- divided by 30 days, the Monthly Average Balance (MAB) for a month is maintained. So, no charges for minimum balance maintence will be applicable. Similar calculation is applicable for all types of centre.
5. Five Transactions at SBI ATMs (all centres) and other Banks’ ATMs at Metro centres and three transactions at other Banks’ ATMs at other than Metro Centres will be free of charge for all SB Account Holders.
6. Beyond the number of ATM Transactions mentioned above, the undernoted charges will be applicable except for Salary Package account, like State Govt. Salary Package, Police Salary Package, etc)
a. Fincial Transaction at SBI ATM will be charged at Rs 10/-+ST and Other Banks’ ATMS Rs 20/-+ST
b. Non Fincial Transaction at SBI ATM will be charged at Rs 5/-+ST and Other Banks’ ATMS Rs 10/-+ST
c. Balance more than Rs. 25000/-MAB unlimited transactions permitted at SBI ATM in all centres.
d. Balance more than Rs.1.00 lac MAB, unlimited transactions permitted at all ATMs including ATMs of other Banks’
7. Three cash deposit in a month will be free of charge. In case of more than three deposits (Excluding Alterte Channel Transactions) in a month, fee payable would be Rs. 50 + Service Tax per transaction.
8. Cash Deposit in Card linked account using ATM debit card at Cash deposit Machine (CDM) is free of charge. This was stated in a press release.