New Delhi, June 25: The Supreme Court will on Wednesday hear a plea by 17 AIADMK MLAs of the Dinakaran faction seeking the transfer of the case challenging their disqualification to the apex court from the Madras High Court. A vacation bench comprising Justice Arun Mishra and Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul agreed to hear the plea after it was mentioned on Monday for an early hearing. The lawyer for the MLAs said that they were seeking the transfer of the case as there has been an inordinate delay to decide against their disqualification and under the Representation of People Act, a vacant seat has to be filled up within six months of its occuring. There was split verdict by the Madras High Court on their plea challenging their disqualification. Thereafter, the matter was referred to a third judge and is still pending. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats
- Daliya Helps in Weight Loss: Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should Say Yes to Daliya
- Sussanne Khan On #MeToo: There Are a Lots of False Allegations
- Tripura to Get Flight Service of Deccan Airlines Post Durga Puja