Shillong, April 7: The Department of Environment and Traditiol Ecosystems, Martin Luther Christian University will organize a semir titled, “Khasi History in Stone: The Robin Laloo Memorial Semir in Heritage and Legacy”, on April 10 at the MLCU Hall, Nongrah. The objective of this semir is to recognise the historical, cultural and social perspective of the monoliths and other stone structures in the Khasi and Jaintia society, to alyse the role and importance of stone structures in the tribal culture and to enhancing the scope of research, documentation and its effectiveness in the preservation of such stone structures and their cultural significance. This has been stated in a communiqué.
You may also like
About the author
- 3 Brothers FC Win The Sevens Challenge Trophy Soccer
- Assam Weightlifter Rekhamoni Gogoi Wins Silver
- Hima Das Needs to Focus in Practice Only: Shiny Wilson
- Assam in Back Foot Against Team Services
- BJP To Form Cachar Zila Parishad
- Rotary Club of Green Land Silchar Distributes Baby Products
- What Led To The debacle of Congress in Hailakandi?
- Traditional Heads Praise C&RD Minister Sniawbhalang Dhar
- Laban Dorbar Shnong Holds General Meeting
- First List of Candidates Before Christmas: Hamlet Dohling