Shillong, April 7: The Department of Environment and Traditiol Ecosystems, Martin Luther Christian University will organize a semir titled, “Khasi History in Stone: The Robin Laloo Memorial Semir in Heritage and Legacy”, on April 10 at the MLCU Hall, Nongrah. The objective of this semir is to recognise the historical, cultural and social perspective of the monoliths and other stone structures in the Khasi and Jaintia society, to alyse the role and importance of stone structures in the tribal culture and to enhancing the scope of research, documentation and its effectiveness in the preservation of such stone structures and their cultural significance. This has been stated in a communiqué.
You may also like
About the author
- Assam’s filmmaker Rima Das is going to make a movie on sprinter Hima Das
- Assam Governor Prof Jagdish Mukhi condoles Vajpayee’s death
- NRC Assam: Supreme Court directs State Coordinator to submit District-Wise Reports
- Karnataka rains updates: Heavy rains claim lives; hundreds left homeless; rescue operations going on.
- How Millennials are giving the best Independence Day gift to the Lost Generation
- Manipur University Agitation: To be Temporarily Suspended from Tomorrow
- Vishma Pitamah of Indian Politics has fallen : Atal Bihari Vajpayee Passes Away
- Twitter Threatens to Ban Operations in Pakistan
- Arunachal Pradesh Governor B.D. Mishra Urges People to Make it an ‘Aadarsh Pradesh’
- All-in-One Printers with Fax are Prone to Hacking: Researchers Say