Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Shop, pharmacy gutted in Binkandie

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  16 Jun 2016 12:00 AM GMT


SILCHAR, June 15: In an unfortute incident that occurred on Tuesday, a pan shop and a pharmacy were gutted in fire. The incident took place at around 2.30 pm at Krishgar, near Binkandie development block. Babul Das, who is owner of the pan shop in which various savoury scks are also being made, said that the most probable reason behind the outbreak of fire should be electricity shortage. He is also a day labour and was out mowing other’s land when the fire broke out. He stated that the outbreak has cost him dear since properties worth Rs. 3 lakhs have been damaged completely.

Ramjoy Das said that all the valuable medicines of his pharmacy has been burnt which amounts to Rs. 3 to 3.5 lakhs. Though fire brigade was immediately informed by the local people, the fire by then had damaged everything. Local people and social workers too helped in extinguishing the massive outbreak of fire.

Sulekha Rani Das, 45, wife of Babul Das and their son Pritam Das, 16, have been badly injured in the incident. While Sulekha Rani’s both the legs have suffered serious burns, it was Pritam’s hands that have been burnt. Upon receiving the information, both Nobo Kumar Bora, officer in-charge, Lakhipur police station and Pradip Kumar Gupta, circle officer, Lakhipur, reached the spot.

Both Babul Das and Ramjoy Das have stated that they have lost valuable land documents, educatiol certificates, official papers and other materials. Showcases in Babul’s shop have been burnt. Local people have opined that the victims should be helped and have made an appeal to the Civil, SDO and Circle Officer. The area falls under Chotamanda GP and the residents have been pressing for a fire brigade center with police outpost. Rajdeep Goala, MLA, has informed Chief Minister Sarbanda Sonowal about the long pending demand made by the people.

Next Story