Short-Circuit sparked fire upon Bolero Pickup Van in Chirang

Chirang: One Bolero pick up van carrying husk was reportedly damaged by fire in Bijni area under Chirang district on Thursday morning.

The incident was reported in Bagher village, the owner of the pickup van bearing registration number AS-19-AC-1844 was identified as Mohammad Hazrat.

It may be mentioned that the owner parked his vehicle near 33-volt ASEB line. Eyewitnesses blamed the electricity department for the cause.

They further claimed that the electric fire was caused by an electric spark.

Although the firefighters managed to get hold of the situation, reports claimed that the pickup van was completed damaged during the incident.