Breaking News
Breaking News

Sonitpur district ready to publish second NRC draft list

A Correspondent
Tezpur, June 17: “The National Register of Citizens (NRC) update process has been going on smoothly under the supervision of the Supreme Court and the complete second NRC draft list will be published on the midnight of June 30,” said Sonitpur Deputy Commissioner Monoj Kumar Deka while addressing media persons of Tezpur at a press meet held at the DC’s conference hall on Sunday in the presence of ADC, Sonitpur, Kishan Kumar Sarmah, Parag Kakati and Prabir Dutta.

Deka also appealed to the people not to panic if their names were found missing from the second draft list since there would be sufficient time for claims and objections. Deka also informed that the district administration had already identified a number of vulnerable NRC seva kendras in different parts of the district and there were 25 NSKs which had been identified as vulnerable across the district. He also said Sonitpur Police were keeping a close watch on the anti-social elements as well as trouble mongers and no report of any untoward incident during the process had been received from any part of the district, he added.