Patna: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad’s elder son Tej Pratap Yadav has not returned home after he visited his father in Ranchi regarding his decision to divorce his wife of six months, family sources said on Wednesday. Tej Pratap’s mother, former Chief Minister Rabri Devi, has been eagerly waiting for his return to join the family for Diwali celebrations, the sources said here. However, RJD leaders said that Tej Pratap was camping in Varanasi since Monday. “Contrary to reports that Tej Pratap was missing, he is in Varanasi and in touch with few of his close supporters,” a party official told IANS here. The official said that Tej Pratap was upset and angry after his family including his mother, did not support his decision to separate from his wife Aishwarya Rai, daughter of senior RJD leader Chandrika Rai and granddaughter of former Chief Minister Daroga Rai. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- Assam Civil Service Examination (ACS) topper Maria Tanim felicitated
- Assam Nurses’ body to launch indefinite strike from Nov 26
- University Grants Commission (UGC) revamps grievance regulations
- Bodo delegation to hold talks with Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Nov 19
- CBI officer moves Supreme Court alleging mala fide repatriation
- Koch-Rajbongshis raged at ‘UTC’ replacing Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD).
- Is Citizenship (Amendment) Bill provoking youth joining ULFA?
- Gauhati High Court asks Dispur to file affidavit on mob lynching
- Mere promises won’t save indigenous people: All Assam Students’ Union(AASU)
- Only objections can detect foreigners in draft NRC: Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal