From a correspondent
Shillong, March 10: A three-storey building in the city which housed offices and businesses was damaged by fire on Saturday morning.
According to police, the fire broke out around 10:30 am in the building, which is located at Demseiniong opposite to NEEPCO office.
The building, which housed many shops, included an office, HDFC bank branch, an ATM, construction office and Mawsawa printing press.
According to statements made by the staff of the offices, the cause of the fire could have been due to short circuit.
But police are yet to ascertain the facts. Fortutely, no casualty was reported.