Torres drops Euro 2016 hint
Madrid, May 13: Atletico Madrid striker Ferndo Torres says he will be delighted to return to the Spanish tiol team in the coming European Championships.
The 32-year-old, who scored the winning goal in the 2008 European Championship fil and was top scorer in the 2012 tourment, has netted 38 goals in 110 appearances for his country but has not played since Spain’s disappointing 2014 World Cup campaign, reports Xinhua.
However, his current run of form and the fact that Diego Costa has picked up a muscle injury mean that the striker, who has scored five of his 10 league goals for Atletico Madrid in the last month, could have an outside chance of making it to Vicente del Bosque’s squad to play in France. b“I don’t really like to talk about the question because people might misunderstand me,” Torres said on Thursday. Torres, who nevertheless insisted he had “never been a problem for the tiol team and always given everything”, also made it clear that he would be delighted to return to intertiol action almost two years since his last appearance. IANS