By our Staff Reporter
GUWAHATI, June 18: The Office of the Commissioner of Police, Guwahati has imposed restrictions on movement of vehicular traffic in and around the Kamakhya temple and its surrounding areas, particularly on MG Road, DG Road, TR Phukan Road and the road toward the Kamakhya temple from the foothill, on the occasion of the Ambubachi Mela slated from June 21 June and to conclude on June 27, 2016. The police have requested the devotees to take ASTC bus service from the foothill of Kamakhya to the Mandir.
The police have also imposed some restrictions on movement and parking of vehicular traffic –
(1) No inter-district and long-distance buses, including the buses operating under ASTC, will be allowed to enter DG Road, MG Road and TR Phukan Road in Guwahati city.
(2) No goods-carrying commercial vehicles (except the vehicles allowed by the authorities) will be allowed to enter from Maligaon to Bharalumukh on DG Road.
(3) No two-wheelers (except the vehicles allowed by the authorities) will be allowed to enter the road leading from Kamakhya foothill to Kamakhya temple.
(4) Only vehicles having valid passes and approved by authorities concerned shall be allowed from the foothill of Kamakhya temple to the temple.
(5) The material-carrying vehicles having special passes will be allowed to enter only after 12 midnight up to 7 am. As soon as the materials are unloaded, the vehicle users are directed to send back the vehicles to Kamakhya foothill.
(6) From June 21 to 27, 2016 parking of vehicles shall not be allowed on the stretches of the DG Road, from Maligaon Chariali to Bharalumukh Point, PNGB Road from Maligaon Chariali point to Railway Station and Maligaon – Pandu Road from Maligaon Chariali to Pandu.
The police have requested all the vehicle users to cooperate with the police personnel to ensure the safety of the general public, devotees and maintain smooth flow of vehicular traffic during the mela from June 21 to 27, 2016.
In case of any emergency or problem, the public are requested to approach the on-duty police personnel.