Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Tripura to increase share in gas company

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  2 Sep 2016 12:00 AM GMT

By a Correspondent

Agartala, Sept 1 : The state cabinet has approved the proposal to increase share of the Tripura Industrial Development Corporation from 10 per cent to 49 per cent in the Tripura tural Gas Company Limited (TNGCL).

Thetwo other major share holders are Assam Gas Company (10%) and the Gas Authority of India Limited (29%).

Industries minister Tapan Chakraborty told reporters on Thursday that the company has taken an ambitious plan of Rs 80 crore to expand its activities. The entire Agartala will be brought under its door to door gas connection network and in addition to it the company is mulling the prospect of expanding this service to Udaipur and subsequently to other urban centres of the state.

The TIDC, Assam Gas Company and the GAIL was holding total 49 per cent share while the rest 51 per cent was kept for sale in the open market. However, no companies of tiol repute have shown interest to purchase share of the Tripura based company forcing the state government to go for increase its share.

It is learnt that the representatives of two tiol companies, the New Delhi based Indraprastha Gas and Mumbai based Mahagar Gas, had visited Agartala but refused to buy share after inspecting all its facilities.

They were especially unhappy with idequate infrastructure, lack of clarity in dealings and were not happy with the quality of its staffs. It is also learnt that both the companies suggested increasing professiolism to make the company viable.

They were not happy with the CNG service being provided by the company and the instruments being used by them also were not satisfactory.

Next Story