Kolkata, Feb 13: A woman was allegedly attacked with acid while travelling in a nearly-empty local train in West Bengal’s South 24-Pargas district, a Railway Police Force (RPF) officer said. “Acid was thrown at a middle-aged woman inside a running train around 10 p.m. on Sunday night near Baruipur railway station under Sealdah South section,” a Baruipur RPF officer said. “The victim sustained severe burn injuries in the face and neck and was admitted to the nearby M.R. Bangur Hospital,” he added. Parents of the victim alleged the attack was the fallout of some issues they had with a local promoter in Baruipur over road construction in their neighbourhood. “We had issues with a local promoter about some road construction works in the neighbourhood. He had earlier threatened us of dire consequences if his work was hampered. He can be behind the attack on my girl,” the victim’s father said. According to the woman, a youth got into the nearly empty ladies compartment and threw acid at her, the police said. “We are investigating the case. No one has been arrested in the incident yet,” the RPF officer said. (IANS)
You may also like
About the author
- South Africa Girls Taught well to Deal with Increasing Cases of Crimes against Women
- Bank Employee to go for Nationwide Strike on November 12
- OIL starts spudding of well in Kumchai area at Loc Kuar (Kumchai-15)
- Yellow Sweater And Blue Denim of Priyanka Chopra, A Very Far Fetched Dream!
- ‘100 Percent Organic State’ Sikkim Gets FAO Award For Best Policies
- Assam Chief Minister Welcomes the Court Martial of the Accused in Fake Encounter Case
- Tezpur University Jobs 2018 For Junior Research Fellow Vacancy for M.Sc, M.E/M.
- Ambedkar University Delhi Jobs 2018 for Research Assistant Vacancy for M.A
- PGIMER Jobs 2018 for Senior Research Fellow Vacancy for Any Post Graduate
- Mizoram CM Lal Thanhawla says Congress will return with more than 30 seats