Itanagar: In view of the Durga Puja celebration, the capital complex district administration on Friday issued various advisory and guidelines.
After receipt of several applications for puja celebration in the capital region amid the Covid 19 pandemic, the district administration issued several guidelines and advisory in the greater interest of the public.
Here are the SOPs:
1. The Puja pandals will be allowed to be set up only in temples (mandirs) and no temporary pandals shall be allowed to be erected on and by the side of the street.
2. There shall be no Mela/Food Stall/Stalls selling items etc in and around Puja pandals.
3. The timing for the visit of the devotees to the pandals shall strictly be from 5 AM in the morning till 9 AM in the evening.
4. A maximum of the 30 persons inclusive of organizers and priests shall be allowed to gather at any time in the Puja Pandals.
5. A maximum of 10 devotees shall be allowed to enter at any Puja premises subject to there being sufficient space to maintain social distancing.
6. The organizer should ensure that Fire Safety measures should be installed at the Puja premises at any cost.
7. Loudspeakers be used in the minimum audible limit.
8. Organizers should ensure to install CCTV cameras at the pandals.
9. Organizers should not allow any person to enter the Puja premises without face cover and washing of hands. It will be the responsibility of Puja Organizers to arrange for facilities for handwashing/sanitization at the entrance of Puja premises.
10. No immersion/procession will be allowed this time only a ritual could be performed in the temples.
11. All visitors to Puja pandals shall be subjected to thermal scanning by Puja organizers and no persons with any symptoms related to COVID-19 shall be allowed to enter the Puja Pandals.
12. In case any person/visitor to Puja pandal is suspected to be symptomatic with COVID-19. It will be the responsibility of the Puja Organizers to inform the nearest Government Medical Facility and arrange for the shifting of such person to the nearest COVID treatment center.
13. Any untoward incident arises should be informed to the Police immediately.
The SOP further said that in case of any violation of the above-mentioned guidelines will attract attention as per legal provisions against the puja committee/organizer or the individual/devotee as the case may be.