ITANAGAR: An Arunachal Pradesh State Transport (APST) bus bearing registration number ARX 0426 carrying 15 passengers caught fire around 7.00 am at Kharsang road on Monday.
Speaking to The Sentinel the bus driver Habibul Rehman said that the bus was running when a short circuit in the wire caused the fire. He said that the bus was travelling to Changlang from Mio.
“This is the first time in my driving profession that a fire caught due to wire short circuit as it has never been before. The passengers were calmly brought out of the bus and there is no injury to anyone,” he said.
Also Read: Infant dies in fire mishap at Joysagar