GUWAHATI: The Assam government on May 12 directed all the cabinet ministers to monitor the COVID-19 situation in the different districts of Assam.
It is to be mentioned here that the cabinet ministers are supposed to:
1. Monitor the trend in the number of COVID cases and the positivity p.c. in the district
2. Assess the adequacy of health care facilities in terms of hospital beds, manpower, ICU facilities, medicines, oxygen availability, ambulances, etc. to meet the present and an anticipated number of COVID cases.
3. Monitor compliance with COVID-related restrictions in the district.
4. Guide and support the district administration by coordinating with the Health & Family Welfare and other Departments, as required.
5. Keep Chief Minister and Minister, Health & Family Welfare informed of the situation regularly.
This order will come into force with immediate effect and until further orders. Below are the names of the ministers along with their respective district:
Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma
Hon'ble Chief Minister, Assam
Shri Ranjit Kumar Dass
Minister, Panchayat & Rural Development etc.
Shri Atul Bora
Shri Urkhao Gwra Brahma
Shri Chandra Mohan Patowary
Minister,Industries & Commerce etc.
Shri Parimal Shuklabaidya
Minister,Environment & Forests etc.
Cachar, Hailakandi, Karimganj
Shri Keshab Mahanta
Minister, Health & Family Welfare etc.
Shri Ranuj Pegu
Minister, Education etc
Shri Ashok Singhal
Minister, Urban Development etc.
Sonitpur, Darrang, Biswanath
Shri Jogen Mohan
Minister,Revenue & Disaster Management etc.
West Karbi Anglong, East Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao
Shri Sanjay Kishan
Minister, Welfare of Tea Tribes etc.
Smt Ajanta Neog
Minister, Finance etc
Shri Pijush Hazarika
Minister, Water Resource etc
Shri Bimal Bora
Minister, Power etc