Assam: Fire Guts Property Worth Lakhs in Lahorijan
Fire caused by short circuit
BOKAJAN: A major fire broke out in the Lahorijan region of the state of Assam in the first half of Wednesday, November 23rd
The fire is said to have originated from a short circuit that was caused by loose wiring. Since the houses of the area had a lot of combustible substances, the fire picked up quickly. And engulfed a large area.
As per reports, houses and property worth lakhs of rupees were damaged in the fire. Local people supported to the efforts of the fire department to control the raging fire.
Apart from a huge number of houses and shops, two four-wheelers, as well as three two-wheelers, are totally burnt in this incident. A cooking gas cylinder has also been reported to have exploded, which led to the further and faster spreading of the flames in the area.
The fire and emergency department is still working on the location of the incident in Lahorijan of Bakajan in Assam. No reports of casualty have been received yet.
Further details of the incident are awaited.