Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Assam government distributes vehicles under CM's Rural Transport scheme in Biswanath

Under the scheme, the government provides 25 percent of the cost of the vehicle

Assam government distributes vehicles under CMs Rural Transport scheme in Biswanath

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  23 Nov 2020 4:36 PM GMT

Guwahati: Light motor vehicles were distributed at Biswanath under Mukhyamantrir Grammya Paribahan Achoni (Chief Minister's Rural Transport Scheme).

The scheme aims to improve rural connectivity and generate employment in the village.

As many as 5 people were given the light vehicles. The government had received 38 applications.

Ranjit Dutta, Minister of Handloom, Irrigation, and Textiles, Gohpur MLA, Utpal Bora were present at the function along with members of the vehicle selection committee.

Speaking on the occasion Minister Ranjit Dutta said, "In this scheme, there is 25 percent subsidy from the government and for the rest 75 percent, the entrepreneurs can also apply for the bank loan. There are some facilities available for the bank loan in this scheme ."

Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal had launched this scheme on September 23, 2020, to boost rural connectivity while generating employment in the village.

Also Read: Tarun Gogoi: Assam's most charismatic politician, a visionary and a statesman. Here are some of his achievements

Also Watch: Mancachar AASU names Cong MLA Motiur Rahman Mondal as 'Aasharsihla MLA'

Next Story