GUWAHATI: Bringing in relief for the common people of the state of Assam, the state government has decided to provide free electricity in all households for the consumption of upto 30 units a month.
In a tweet Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal wrote, "Giving a major relief to consumers, the CoM decided to provide free electricity in all households for the consumption of upto 30 units a month."
Along with this other major decisions were taken among which:-
• Service benefits to employees of Municipal Boards (1653 Nos)
a. Signing of agreement by employees on a contractual basis.
b. Enabling transfer between Municipal Boards.
c. Additional Service benefits till 60 years of age.
A bill will be introduced in ALA.
• Allotment of land to NGO etc.
a. Guwahati Press Club- 3 katha in Guwahati.
b. Karunadhara – 2 bigha in Guwahati.
c. Jatiya Swahid Parial Samannaya Rakhi Parishad – 1 bigha in Guwahati.
d. Assam Anusuchit Jati Safai Karmachari Parishad- 5 bigha in Rangia.
e. Other organisations also are included.
• In-principle approval of a new Campus of Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra at Dibrugarh.
• Renaming of PWD as Lok Nirman Bibhag.
• Adoption of Energy Conservation building code- providing for energy conservation in commercial buildings.
• Cyber Security Policy for the State.
• Amendment in Integrated Sports Policy of Assam providing for appointment into Class I officer and Class II Officer under the different department of the state like Police, Excise, Transport etc.
Hima Das will be appointed as Deputy Superintendent of Police in Assam Police. (for medal winners in Olympics, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games (Class I), World Championships (Senior) (Class II posts)
• Establishment of Bodoland and 6th Schedule areas Administrative Staff College.
• Hills Areas Department will be renamed and will work as Assam Sixth Schedule Council Department.
• Free Electricity in all households for the consumption of upto 30 units a month for the period January 2021 to March 2021.
• Establishment of Mini Secretariat in Barak Valley (Silchar).
To start with 6 departments viz. Personnel, Revenue and Disaster Management, GAD, Agriculture, Fishery and Animal Husbandry and Vety Department.