GUWAHATI: A massive fire was caught in Assam's Duliajan in Kumud Nagar village Friday night, May 28.
The area is said to be a major business hub wherein 8 shops are said to be burned down.
The local people residing there alleged that the fire may have been caught by an electrical short circuit although the actual reason behind is still not clear.
Also, 3 fire brigades from Oil India Limited arrived at the place and after an hour they were able to control the fire.
Due to the rapid intervention of OIL's effort, the fire could not spread to the remaining places of the commercial area and the remaining shops were saved.
Although, the fire caused a loss of property worth lakhs yet no casualties have been reported so far. Meanwhile, the police arrived on the spot and conducted an investigation for the same.