Diphu: On Friday, about 50 villagers residing at Arlongpira, Bokajan were hospitalized due to food poisoning. An eight-year-old girl had also died under the same circumstances.
As per reports, the residents of the village had consumed tea and biscuits at a household in the village following which they all complained of ill health.
The symptoms that were common in all the cases were stomach aches, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Due to food poisoning, an eight-year-old girl lost her life while the others have been hospitalized.
The villagers are currently undergoing treatment at Bokajan Community Hospital. However, two of the villagers had to be shifted to a hospital in Dimapur, Nagaland as their health had deteriorated.
Pabitra Rangpi, who is a member of the Nilip Council, checked upon the patients in the hospital and promised to thoroughly investigate the matter.
Earlier in February, one person had lost his life while 198 others complained of ill health after being served packaged lunch during a public meeting at the Diphu Medical College & Hospital (DMC&H) premises. Later, a total of 177 persons were admitted to the hospital. The deceased has been identified as Kangbura Bey. The incident took place during the inauguration event of the first academic session of MBBS for 100 students at DMCH.