Dealers Association Withdraws 48-Hour Petrol Pump Closure In Guwahati
The petrol pump closure was previously called by the NorthEast India Petroleum Dealers Association in Guwahati and was set to begin at 6 am on October 22.
Guwahati: The NorthEast India Petroleum Dealers Association, Greater Guwahati Unit (NEIPDA-GGU) has called off the 48-hour petrol pump closure in Guwahati which was supposed to be held from 6 am of October 22 to 6 am of October 24.
The decision to withdraw the petrol pump closure was taken after a meeting with the Deputy Commissioner of Kamrup (M) Biswajit Pegu.
Previously, the NEIPDA-GGU had called for a complete closure of petrol pumps in a letter that read, "The Association has informed the OMCs regarding the decision to go for closure of Retail Outlet (Petrol Pump) with effect from 6:00 AM of 22/10/2021 for the duration for 48 hours."
The NEIPDA-GGU had raised several demands which are as follows:
1. Placement of TTs under EOI
2. Frequent Refusal of Contractors to load TTs at their whims
3. Entry of dealer/RO staff to escort the TT from the TOP TT parking area
4. Illegal deduction from SAP accounts
5. Forceful selling of Lubricants by HPCL
5. Unauthorized and faulty Automation
6. Blending of Ethanol
7. Inequal Credit Facility
8. Personal Information upload in e-ledger
9. Legal position of the OMCs vis-a-vis the dealer
It is to be mentioned that the price of fuels has been witnessing a continuous surge over the past few days. The prices of petrol and diesel in Guwahati now stands at Rs.102.71 and Rs. 95.13, respectively.