SARUPATHAR: A devastating fire broke out in a shopping complex at Sarupathar town near Sarupathar LP School around 10 am on Thursday.
The fire brigade managed to douse the fire after two hours. According to sources, two shops were full of office stationeries and books as well as plastic materials which made the situation worse. Another 3-4 shops were affected by the fire and primary investigation suggests that the fire broke out due to short circuit. Pinku Dutta and Rajiv Choudhury are the owners of the two shops which were completely gutted in the fire. Property worth around Rs 25 lakh was destroyed in the fire but no one was injured in the incident.
Also Read: Conrad iugurates shopping complex