Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Erosion hits Laharighat; almost 50 families have been forced to go to safer places

Almost 50 families have been forced to go to safer places as the wave of the Brahmaputra river has extensively

Erosion

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  30 May 2020 3:27 AM GMT

A CORRESPONDENT

MORIGAON: Almost 50 families have been forced to go to safer places as the wave of the Brahmaputra river has extensively hit the riverine areas of Mahmari Pather for the past one week continuously. Notably, the wave of the Brahmaputra river has taken a ferocious turn at places like Kathani, Bhuragaon's Ambagaon and Sutipar for which banks of the said areas have been washed away by extensive erosion. Amid COVID-19 pandemic, the ferocious turns of the river have created a panic situation among the inhabitants of the said riverine areas. At Kathani, 60 percent area of the village was washed away by the extensive erosion of the mighty river, the rest 40 percent area is severely affected. Besides, at the riverine areas of Bhuragaon's Ambagan, the inhabitants have been badly affected. They have also lost agricultural lands.

Next Story