Fire breaks out in Mangaldai
No loss or injury was reported but goods worth several lakhs of rupees were gutted in the incident
MANGALDAI: The busy Mangaldai bazar on Sunday night escaped a major disaster as a devastating fire broke out inside a hardware shop. People of the Ward No 3 locality in the heart of Mangaldai town first witnessed smoke and then fire from the hardware shop 'Green House' at around 9 pm after the shutter of the shop was brought down. Altogether, five fire tenders were placed into service for nearly an hour to bring the fire in control. No loss or injury was reported but goods worth several lakhs of rupees were gutted in the incident. Though the exact cause has yet to be determined, people believe it was caused by an electrical short circuit. Meanwhile, local people have alleged delay in arrival of the fire tenders and also a lack of sufficient water.