Tamulpur: In a devastating fire that broke out at Tamulpur in Baksa district on Wednesday morning, one house was completely gutted. According to sources, a devastating fire broke out and the house of Dr. Ramen Kumar Kakati was completely gutted. The fire started in the drawing room-cum-library at about 4.30 am and it is suspected that the electric short circuit resulted in the fire.
The local people informed to Tamulpur Police Station and emergency fire service of Rangia. On receiving the information, a team from Tamulpur police station rushed to the spot. Fire tenders from Rangia also rushed to the spot and were able to douse the raging flames. Valuable books stored in the drawing room-cum-library and many valuable items were destroyed. Dr. Ramen Kumar Kakati is a prominent doctor and general secretary of Kalita Janasgosthi Sanmilan, Assam.