Guwahati: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Saturday, arrived in Guwahati to take part in a massive mass gathering that took place in Changsari, Guwahati. However, PM’s arrival in the city amid huge protests by organizations and citizens of the state regarding the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill is noticeable for which the city police has arranged tight security cover all throughout.
- Modi while addressing the masses at Changsari, says that the minority communities were betrayed after partition and hence, it is now the responsibility of Mother India to give them what they deserve, i.e., a shelter.
- Modi stressed that the BJP government is ready to fully protect the culture, resources and Northeast states’ language
- Modi says that he is in Assam to implement the Assam Accord the demand for which has been 36 years old
- Speaking about the NRC, the PM says that implementing the NRC works has been possible during the BJP government reign under the supervision of the Supreme Court.
- Modi alleged that the rumours on the Citizenship Amendment Bill are being spread by the ones who are sitting in AC rooms and doing nothing.
- For Modi and his government, fast-paced development and over-all progress of the northeast is the top priority.
- In the last 4.5 years of BJP tenure, whopping projects worth Rs 14,000 crore have been completed in the oil and gas sector of Assam
- He further spoke about the improved connectivity in northeast of which the six-lane highway over Brahmaputra will be another milestone. The construction of this bridge will reduce time between the two river banks from 1:30 hours to 15 minutes.