Guwahati: The curfew timings in the rural areas have been preponed to 2 PM from the earlier 6 PM. Now curfew in rural areas will be in place from 2 PM to 5 AM. The new rules will continue till June 5.
Here is the order:
Whereas, the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has vide order of May 4, 2021, issued revised and consolidated directives or containment of COVID-19 cases across the State wherein there was a ban on movement of individual from 6 PM to 5 AM with effect from 5 AM or May 5, 2021, until further orders.
Whereas. the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has vide order of May 12, 2021, issued detailed directives for containment of COVID-19 cases in the urban and adjacent areas wherein there was a ban for 15 days on the functioning of offices, educational institutions, weekly haats/bazaars and religious places with effect from 5 AM of May 13, 2021.
Whereas the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has vide order of May 17, 2021, issued directives restricting Inter-district transport services and movement of people to and from other districts for 15 days with effect from 5 AM of May 21, 2021.
Whereas, though it is observed that containment measures taken so far have been found to be effective over the last few days, adequate measures for both urban and rural areas are still of utmost necessity in order to further contain COVID-19 across the State
Therefore, in partial modification of the order issued No ASDMA-28/2021/63 dated 4 May 2021. No. ASDMA24/2020/Pt-2/241 dated 12 May 2021 and in continuation of Order No. ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/255 dated 17 May 2021 and in the exercise of the powers, conferred under Section 22(2) (h) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee of the State Disaster Management Authority, Assam hereby issues the following directives which will be applicable across the State and shall come into force with immediate effect till June 5, 2021.
1. For Rural Areas
- All shops and commercial establishments shall shut down at 1 PM on all days
- Restaurants, Dhabas and other eateries can entertain dine-in guest only up to 1 PM. Takeaway including home delivery of food is allowed till 2 PM after which only home delivery of food will be allowed.
- Restaurants operating within a Hotel or Resort can allow outside guests up to 1 PM only However, in-house guests of the Hotel/Resort may be allowed to dine-in up to the usual time of operation
- Cold storage and warehouses may continue after 1:00 PM. However, sale counters, showrooms, etc attached to these warehouses or cold storages shall not operate after 1:00 PM
B. Work Places (Government and Private)
- All offices both private and Government shall shut down at 1 PM (1300 Hrs) on all days.
C. Night Curfew
- There shall be a total ban on the movement of individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM daily.
II. For Urban Areas and adjacent areas within a 5 km radius from the periphery of municipal corporation /municipal boards/ revenue towns, the directives issued vide No ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/241 dated 12th May 2021 and ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/253 dated 15th May 2021 shall continue to remain in force till June 5, 2021
Other restrictions and exemptions therefrom as notified vide Order No ASDMA.28/2021/83 dated 4th May 2021 for rural areas and vide
ASDMA,24/2020/Pt-V241 dated 12th May 2021, and ASDMA.24/2020/Pt 21253 dated 15th May 2021 shall continue to remain in force till June 5, 2021.