Special Advisory For Durga Puja Issued By Assam Government
The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has issued a special advisory for organizing Durga Puja in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Guwahati: A special advisory has been issued by the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) for organising Durga Puja this year.
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the ASDMA has issued the following necessary guidelines and protocols:
1. There shall be no Mela etc in and around the Puja Pandals.
2. No temporary pandals shall be allowed to be erected on and by the side of any street.
3. A maximum of 40 persons inclusive of organisers, devotees, and priests shall be allowed together at any time in the Puja pandals subject to there being sufficient space to maintain social distancing.
4. Puja organisers should not allow any person to enter the Puja premises without face cover and washing of hands. It will be the responsibility of the Puja organisers to arrange for facilities for handwashing/sanitisation at the entrance of the Puja premises.
5. All visitors to Puja locations shall be subjected to thermal scanning by organisers and no person with any symptoms related to COVID-19 shall be allowed to enter the Puja pandals.
6. All organisers and volunteers must be at least vaccinated with one dose of vaccine and preferably with two doses of vaccination.
7. In case any person/visitor to Puja pandal is suspected to be symptomatic with COVID-19, it will be the responsibility of the Puja organisers to inform the nearest government medical facility and arranged for the shifting of such persons to the nearest Covid treatment centre.
8. No permission for immersion procession should be given under any circumstances.
9. The size of the idol should be such that not more than three persons are required for immersion. For smooth and convenient immersion, it is advised that puja organisers may go in for a modular idol which is assembled from parts, the height of which should not be more than 10 feet. Further, it is advised that in the case of an idol made of compact monolithic material the height may be confined to a maximum of 6 feet for smooth immersion.
The notification issued by the ASDMA also stated that Deputy Commissioners shall make necessary arrangements to ensure that the immersion is staggered over a three-day period to avoid congestion and large gathering on any one day.