Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Nagaland: Difficult Lives Of Nagaland Farmers Highlighted In Viral Video

Temjen Imna Along, the minister of tribal affairs for Nagaland, released a video showcasing Nagaland's terrace farms and how the farmers there manage to overcome challenges.

Nagaland: Difficult Lives Of Nagaland Farmers Highlighted In Viral Video

Sentinel Digital Desk

KOHIMA: Temjen Imna Along, the minister of tribal affairs for Nagaland, released a video showcasing the beauty of Nagaland's terrace farms and demonstrating how the farmers there manage to overcome challenging obstacles.

Along is well-liked online by users not only for his outstanding and fluent command of Hindi but also for his witty commentary on different political and social issues.

Minister Along, a popular figure on social media, posted a video showcasing the beautiful splendour of the terrace farms in his native Nagaland and how the farmers there overcame challenging environmental obstacles.

A stunning image of Nagaland's natural beauty, including its farms and forests, is seen in the opening of the video. Then, a hill state's rice farms in the shape of terraces are shown, along with images of nearby farmers at work.

In the movie, it is explained that over 80% of Nagaland's agricultural area is utilized exclusively for the cultivation of rice, with the other 20% being used for a variety of other crops, including pulses.

Because of the state's arid climate, plain, level fields cannot be created across large areas. Instead, residents carve out hills to create these fields, which also collect the necessary amount of rainwater for crops to grow. These manufacturers can also create bamboo irrigation water pipes per request.

"Luck will be at your service if your intentions are good. The presence of Mathura Kashi indicates that your karma is good. The printed phrase must be seen in its entirety to be fully understood "In Hindi, the minister penned a caption for the photograph.

Since being uploaded, the post has received 35k views and 3.5k likes, and Twitter users have pounded the comment box with jubilant remarks.

One user commented, "Just returned from Nagaland, it was a wonderful time there, remember this geography pretty well," while another user said, "Thanks for providing a window to the charming beauty of Nagaland, would love to have the same about the other Northeast states as well".

Also read: Nagaland's 30% Population Consumes Drugs: DGP Rupin Sharma

Also watch:

Next Story