'Nagas cannot be carried away by 'post solution narrative' trap'
NEW DELHI: Reiterating its demand for a separate flag and Constitution (Yehzabo), the National Social Council of Nagalim-Isak-Muivah (NSCN-IM) on Saturday said that they will not be carried away by the "post solution narrative" which they consider a "well-laid trap" by the Central government.
A statement issued by the Naga rebels said that when the formal peace talks resumed with the new Centre's interlocutor A.K. Mishra after a gap of nearly two years, much hype was generated that the final Naga solution was just round the corner and it may come as a Christmas gift to them.
They further said that the pressing concern of the NSCN was again on these core issues, and the talks "failed to live up to all the hype as the Central government continued to indulge in political escapism on the very issues that had been holding up the road to the Naga solution".
They also said that the Central government officially recognised the unique history and situation of the Nagas in 2002, the political interpretation was no less than the recognition of the political identity of the Naga nation.
"Significantly, this put a new meaning to the Indo-Naga political talks that ultimately led to the signing of the historic Framework Agreement on August 3, 2015 giving due recognition to the sovereign identity of the Naga nation," they added. (INAS)