15 BOSU Ball Exercises To Rev Up Your Workout Routine
These 15 best BOSU ball exercises are going to change the way you look at exercise. But before you start exercising, you must warm up for at least 10 minutes. Here’s how you can do an effective warm-up.
- Neck tilt – 1 set of 10 reps
- Neck rotations – 1 set of 10 reps
- Shoulder rotations – 1 set of 10 reps
- Arm rotations – 1 set of 10 reps
- Wrist rotations – 1 set of 10 reps
- Waist rotations – 1 set of 10 reps
- Side lunges – 1 set of 10 reps
- Spot jogging – 2 mins
- Jumping jacks – 1 set of 20 reps
- Calf stretch – 1 set of 2 reps
- Ankle rotation – 1 set 10 reps
- March on the BOSU ball – 1 set of 25 reps (hold the back of a chair for balance)
Your muscles are prepped for the exercise now. Let’s get started!
1. Hip Raise
Target – Glutes, lower back, hamstrings, abs, and quads.
Difficulty Level – Beginner
How To Do
- Lie down on the floor. Flex your knees, and place your feet on the sides of the BOSU ball, as shown in the image. Place your arms by your side, palms flat on the floor, and look up at the ceiling. This is your starting position.
- Push your hips up toward the ceiling.
- Stop when your hips are in line with your thighs.
- Lower your hips but do not place them on the floor.
- Push your hips up again.
Sets And Reps – 2 sets of 15 reps
Modification – Hip Raise On One Leg
To take this exercise to the advanced level, do the BOSU ball hip raises with one raised leg. Keep the knee of the raised leg slightly bent, push your hips up toward the ceiling, and lower the glutes. Do it with both legs raised.
Target – Glutes, quads, hamstrings, and lower back.
Difficulty Level – Intermediate
How To Do
- Place your BOSU ball on its hemisphere, i.e., the flat surface should be up.
- To avoid falling down, place your right leg on one side of the BOSU ball. The BOSU ball will tilt to the right. Then, place your left foot on the other side of the flat surface and balance. Make sure you are stable. This is the starting position.
- Push your hips back and flex your knees, lower your body, and bring your hands up near your chest.
- Make sure your knees are not overshooting your toes.
- Get back up to the starting position.
Sets And Reps – 2 sets of 12 reps
To know the complete story, visit: www.stylecraze.com
- 14 Essential Tips to Eliminate Body Odour Effectively
The secretions of the apocrine, eccrine and sebaceous glands are primarily responsible for body odour. Here we present a few tips to help you prevent and cure it. That being said, if the odour still persists it is essential you go to a doctor as you may have an underlying condition. Here are a few useful tips to help counter body odour:
- First thing you do when you wake up in the morning should be drinking a glass of water along with about 500 mg of wheatgrass. This combination helps prevent body odour owing to the chlorophyll in the grass.
- Minimize body odour by giving your armpits and your feet a good application of baking soda.
- Bathe with a mixture of water and white vinegar.
- There are quite a few home remedies for body odour you can whip up easily using household items. Put some drops of tea tree oil or rose water in regular water before you bathe. Another good remedy is adding about a teaspoon of alum to the water you will be using for a bath. You can also mix a cup of camphor oil with boiled mint leaves in your bathing water.
- Try and use a soap with potent anti-bacterial properties.
- Rinse the problem areas with apple cider vinegar; this helps balance pH levels.
- Don’t skip showers.
- Use talc on your armpits to smell as fresh as a baby.
- Avoid food that contain hydrogenated oils at all costs, they contribute towards body odour. Your diet should contain lots of whole grains, fibre, leafy veggies, wheat and soy.
- If you’re a non-vegetarian, reduce your meat consumption. Also, dairy products should not be consumed in large quantities.
- Pungent foods which are rich in garlic and cumin tend tocause some unpleasant odours and take up to a day to leave your body. Reduce consumption of such foods.
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. This is one of the simplest yet most effective answers to the question how to prevent body odour.
- Never wear the same clothes you wore earlier before washing them thoroughly. This is because body odour has a way of hanging on to clothes.
- If you have a perspiration condition, stick to cotton clothes with sleeves.
To read the complete story, visit: www.rewardme.in
c)5 Rules For Girls With Curly Hair
1. Go for a dry haircut
Most of you might wonder why should you go for a haircut with dry hair when typically it is the other way round. Well, it is because curly hair can be quite tricky and can be somewhat different when it is wet. You can't really tell at times how it will shape up when it gets dried. So, to avoid any kind of surprises, it is always better that you for a dry haircut when it comes to curly hair. Isn't that sensible now?
2. Set your hair when it is wet
Always remember this. Set your hair when it is wet - right after a hair wash. This is one of the best things women with curly hair can do. You can simply use your fingers to set your hair, may be scrunch it up a bit and you are all done. This will ensure that your hair becomes frizz-free and manageable when it gets dry.
3. Allow it to air dry
One of the golden rules for curly hair is that you should always let your hair to air dry instead of using a blow-dryer. It can really be time consuming but trust us, it is definitely good for your hair and will help in controlling unwanted frizz. You can simply pat your hair semi-dry with a towel and leave it open and you are good to go.
4. Don't use alcohol-based styling products
..Products like hair styling gels, hair sprays, or some serums may contain alcohol which tends to steal moisture from your hair, making it dry and brittle... To avoid hair damage, those with curly hair can simply go for water-based hair styling products.
5. Use a silk pillow while sleeping
You might wonder what would be the reason behind this and why should you use a silk pillow instead of the regular cotton one that you generally use. Well, it is because cotton damages your hair without you even realising it. The fibre present in the cotton pillow absorbs moisture from your hair, making it frizzy and dry..
To read the complete article, visit: www.boldsky.com
4) The Best Cooking Methods to Keep Nutrients Intact
Some research suggests that nuking may be the healthiest way to cook because of its short cooking times, which results in minimal nutrient destruction. Microwaves cook food by heating it from the inside out. They emit radio waves that “excite” the molecules in food (read: make them move all round), which generates heat, cooking the food.
While microwave cooking can sometimes cause food to dry out, keep things moist by splashing the item with a bit of water before heating, or by placing a wet paper towel over the top of your dish. Regardless, the way that microwaves cook food nixes the need to add extra oils (bonus points). The best part? You can microwave just about anything, from veggies and rice to meat and eggs (and studies suggest it may just be one of the best ways to preserve nutrients in veggies). Just make sure to use a microwave-safe container.
Boiling is quick, easy, and requires nothing but water and a touch of salt. (Oh, and whatever food you’re cooking.) But in addition to the high temperatures, the large volume of water dissolves and washes away water-soluble vitamins and 60 to 70 percent of foods' minerals.
While this method can dissolve vitamins and minerals in some foods (especially vegetables), it's not the worst way to cook food. “Some antioxidants are more available when cooked. Lycopene in tomatoes, for example, is more readily available when cooked,” says Abbie Gellman, MS, RD, CDN. Carrots also fall into this category, and one study concluded that the level of beta-carotene increases after carrots are cooked.
Steaming anything from fresh veggies to fish fillets allows them to cook in their own juices and retain all that natural goodness. (Again, no need for fat-laden additions to up the moisture.) It’s always good to add a little seasoning first, whether that’s a sprinkle of salt or a squeeze of lemon juice. If the carcinogen-fighting glucosinolates in broccoli are important to you, some research suggests steaming could be the best way to cook the little green trees. In the body, glucosinolates become compounds called isothiocyanates, which some studies suggest inhibit the growth of cancer cells.