Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup
Corn is a low-fat, complex carbohydrate that deserves a regular place on any healthy table. Sweet corn is loaded with lutein and zeaxanthin, two phytochemicals that promote healthy vision. A midsize ear also offers a helpful 3-gram dose of dietary fiber. This popular food is high in fiber. In fact, it's notoriously hard to digest. But its insoluble fiber is tops at tackling common digestive ailments (like constipation and hemorrhoids) by absorbing water, which swells the stool and speeds its movement.
Corn is a surprising source of several vitamins, including folic acid, niacin, and vitamin C.
* Mixed vegetables - 1 ½ cups [French beans, carrot, peas]
* Sweet corn kernels - ½ cup, steamed
* Onion - 1, large, finely chopped
* Garlic - 10 cloves, peeled, finely chopped
* Cooking oil - 2 tbsp or Butter - 2 tbsp, melted
* Milk - 2 ½ cups [If on diet, use skimmed milk]
* Salt - to taste
* Black pepper powder - to taste
* Water - if required, to adjust the consistency
* In a preheated skillet placed on medium to high flame, heat butter/oil.
* Add crushed garlic and onion and sauté until onion turns translucent.
* Add the veggies and sauté for about 3 more minutes.
* Add milk and allow the mixture to come a boil.
* Lower the flame to low to medium, cover, and cook until vegetables turn tender.
* Allow the mixture to cool and blend into a smooth mixture.
* Mix in the steamed sweet corn kernels.
* Season to taste.
* Add water, if desired to adjust the thickness, and simmer for 2 minutes.