
London: England pacer Olly Stone has been ruled out of all cricket for 14 weeks after undergoing a right knee surgery this week, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Friday.
“Stone experienced increasing discomfort during Nottinghamshire’s pre-season tour of Abu Dhabi last month. Further scans conducted this week revealed the need for surgery,” the ECB statement read.
“He will now begin a period of rehabilitation, working closely with the medical teams at both the ECB and Nottinghamshire,” it added.
The 31-year-old will miss the start of the English summer but is targeting a return to full fitness by August 2025.
Stone last played for England during the home ODI series against Australia last year after playing two Tests against Sri Lanka. IANS
Also Read: ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier not easy competition for Pakistan, says Sana Mir
Also Watch: