The Directorate of Social Welfare, Assam invites applications from renowned, leading and reputed registered voluntary organizations for setting up Homes for Homeless mentally ill persons in different districts under the scheme- "Home for Homeless mentally ill persons". The proposed Homes to be setup in the districts are - Sonitpur, Dibrugarh, Tinsukia, Sibsagar, Charaideo, Karbi-Anglong, West Karbi Anglong, Majuli & Dima Hasao (9 Nos. districts). Interested organizations are requested to submit their applications along with proposals on or before 24th August to the concerned District Social Welfare Officers of the Districts. The District Social Welfare Officer of the concerned district is directed to carefully verify the proposals and to be placed before the District Level Committee for recommendation/approval. After completion of the entire process of recommendation/approval of the proposals, the District Social Welfare Officers shall have to submit the same to this Directorate within 31th August, 2020 positively.
Terms and condition
- The NGO must have registration certificate under RPwD Act, 2016 and should have at least three years work experiences in the field of disabilities/ mental health.
- The Organization should be financially sound. An updated Bank statement of last three years of the concerned NGO shall have to be submitted along with the proposal.
- Total capacity of each home is 25 nos. and there should be separate arrangement of accommodation for males and females.
- Proposal to be submitted as per Mental Health Act, 2017.
- The organization must mention the name of the district in the application where they want to set up the home. The home shall have to be set up in district head quarter.
The proposal must contain the following particulars
- Inspection report of concerned District Social Welfare Officer.
- Application praying for setting up of Homes for Homeless mentally ill persons.
- Valid Registration certificate.
- Constitution/Memorandum of the organization.
- Details of project proposal along with budget estimate.
- Annual report / audited statement of last three years.
- Brief history of the organization.
- List of President, Secretary and Executive Members of the Organization.
- List of movable and immovable properties.
- Details of staff of the organization.
- Details of building/ land etc.
- Present Bank details with IFSC code.
Incomplete proposals and those who submitted directly in the office of the Directorate of Social Welfare, Assam, Guwahati will be summarily rejected.
Social Welfare, Assam