GUWAHATI: The Assam Cabinet has approved the Assam State Industrial Policy and the Assam Film Policy, besides giving its seal to a number of major decisions.
Power subsidy at Rs 2 per unit for a period of five years subject to a maximum of Rs. 50 lakh per annum, 50 per cent generating subsidy up to Rs 20 lakh, exemption of stamp duty up to 100 per cent up to Rs. 25 lakh, 75 per cent subsidy on technology transfer subject to a ceiling of Rs 10 lakh, financial assistance to MSME at 30 per cent subsidy, subject to a ceiling of Rs 5 lakh for listed in stock exchange will be made available under the new Assam State Industrial Policy 2019.
The new Film Policy, on the other hand, approved Rs 25 lakh subsidy for the films production cost of which is Rs. 1 crore, Rs. 1 crore for films honored with national awards, and Rs. 2 crores for films nominated for Oscar. Moreover, a corpus fund will be created collecting Rs 1 from each ticket sold for the welfare of artistes.
The Cabinet also decided procurement and distribution of free sugar to the tea garden beneficiaries under ANNA Scheme at 2 kg per family per month. On through Assam Municipal Amendment Act educational qualifications set forward commissioners have been approved as (A) class 12 pass for general category candidates, class 10 for SC/ST/OBC category, ( B) two-child norm, and (C) household toilet is essential for the candidates.
Other decisions approved by the Cabinet are –
- setting up an International Trade Centre at Golaghat for Agar tree
- three-year exemption on levy of cess on green leaves for big tea gardens
- New syllabus for APSC examination in line with UPSC exam
- Recruitment of 80 assistant engineers, 70 junior engineers under 3 (f) underwater resource department for building and repairing embankments,
- reservation of 80 percent in managerial and supervisory and 90 percent in non-managerial cadre in State PSUs and industries availing benefits from State government
- AponGhar Scheme subsidy up to Rs. 2.5 lakh home loan
- Rs. 50,00 subsidy to the higher education loans
approved an honorarium for GP Member from Rs. 1500 to 2000. AP Member from Rs. 2500 to Rs. 3000. ZP Member from 3500 to Rs. 4000.
- in higher education loan government to provide subsidy Rs. 50,000.
Also Read: Assam Cabinet approves Rs 942 crore for PWD