* Assam GSDP in 2015-16 Rs 2,01,064 crore (at current price)
* GSDP in 2016-17 estimated at Rs 2,24,641 crore
* Debt-GSDP ratio 17.94% as on 31-03-2016 as revised estimate of 2015-16
* Total budget size Rs 78,253.36 crore
* Total estimated plan expenditure: Rs 29,380.35 crore (38% of total budget)
* Total estimated non-plan expenditure: Rs 48,873.01 crore (62% of total budget)
* Estimated capital expenditure: Rs 15,794.33 crore
* Estimated revenue expenditure: Rs 62,459.04 crore
* Estimated State tax revenue: Rs 15,634.31 crore
* Estimated non-tax revenue Rs 5,846.52 crore
* Estimated share of Central taxes Rs 18,938.27 crore
* Anticipated State Plan grants Rs 20,246.46 crore
* Non-plan grants from Centre: Rs 3,527.35 crore
* Estimated interl debt Rs 10,423.26 crore
* Consolidated Fund receipt Rs 77,422.71 crore
* Contingency Fund Receipt Rs. 100 crore.
* Public Account receipt Rs 1,77,077.16 crore
* Fiscal deficit: 2.97% of State GDP
* Revenue surplus: Rs 6,625.36 crore
* Budget deficit: Rs. 2,880.91 crore
* Initiation of ReSTART Assam (Restructuring Systems and Technology for Augmentation of Resources for Transformed Assam) to increase own revenue collection in mission mode
* Increase overall allocation for road maintence by PWD from Rs 300 crores to Rs 600 crores; the money to go to Assam Road Maintence Fund as Grant-in-Aid (GIA)
* To initiate growth-led schemes and programmes instead of individual benefit oriented schemes
* All salary and wage provisions in the Plan to the tune of about Rs 450 crore will be brought into Non-Plan and thus release of wages and salary will be regular and timely
* All departmental procurements for amount of Rs 10 lakhs and above to be through e-procurement platform
* To open 25 new Sub Treasuries in various blocks encompassing all parts of the State in the next 5 years in phased manner.
* To install CCTVs in all the Treasuries and Sub-Treasuries in the State in phased manner with a view to strengthening security and vigilance
* State public expenditure system to be soon integrated with e-Kuber platform of RBI so that bill and scroll clearance will happen electronically
* To bring Assam Public Expenditure Accountability Act before the House in due course of time
* To merge Planning and Development department with the Fince department from next year
* Allocate Rs 249.32 crore for NRC updation process from State budget
* To take up mega mission Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unyan Yoja (CMSGUY) for 5 years from 2016-17 to 2021-22, coinciding with 75 years of India’s Independence, with main objective to double the farm income
* Focused interventions in 9 critical areas and related sub-missions to be: (1) Fishery mission, (2) Milk mission, (3) Organic mission (4) Land magement and conservation mission (5) Sericulture,Khadi and Cottage Industry mission (6) Road and broadband connectivity, (7) Semi- processing, processing and market linkages, (8) Youth-Yoga-Sports mission and (9) e-gram mission by developing Village Knowledge Centers through strengthening traditiol mghars and other community institutions
* Provision of adequate State share for all the rural development programmes
* To issue I-cards to farmers, helping in preparing their database
* To start a programme for installation of 61,000 shallow tube-wells
* To encourage more organic farming under Paramparagata Krishi Vikash Yoja
* To start e-tendering process in the agriculture department to ensure transparency in procurement
* To continue the existing 3% interest subvention scheme on crop loan to farmers
* To develop Departmental Fish and Fish Seed Farms for production and enhancement of quality fish seed and table fish and undertake a pilot
project ‘Matsya Jagaran’ for capacity building of fishery extension workers.
* To establish Rural Markets and Fish Landing Centers, Development of Wetland and Departmental Farms under RIDF of BARD.
* With fincial assistance from Government of India under tiol Welfare Fund and Fisherman; 1,50,000 fishermen to be covered for Group Accident Insurance schemes.
* To organize 40 more dairy cooperative societies in 4 districts and operatiolize 13 commercial dairy firms in Dhemaji during the current year
* To allot Rs.76,103.06 lakhs for SDRF for the current year and propose to allot Rs.1,257.26 Lakhs for Assam State Disaster Magement Authority (ASDMA).
* To award the best performing cooperative societies to incentivize them towards excellence in business performance and employment generation
* To plan construction of 244 rural godowns under RIDF with Rs 5,000 lakhs outlay; 100 such godowns to be completed within a couple of months.
* Sufficient fincial allocation for autonomous and the development councils
* To construct secretariat buildings of each autonomous council
* To complete the Ambedkar Bhawans in the State
* MOITRI (Mission for Overall Improvement of Tha for Responsive Image): physical infrastructure, internet connectivity and basic tools for cyber crime detection will be developed in each of 345 thas in the State within five years by spending Rs 2 crore per tha.
* To recruit more than 4,000 police personnel including around 3980 policemen and 346 sub-inspectors within the current fincial year
* Project to establish traffic sigl system across 99 urban centres of Assam. In the current fincial year, Guwahati, Silchar, Diphu, Dhubri, gaon, Lakhimpur, Dibrugarh, Kokrajhar, Tinsukia, Jorhat and Tezpur are being taken up.
* To create Women’s Cells in about 63 police stations across Assam
* To form garik committees in all the 347 police stations of the State, to act as bridge between the police and common man
* To take all necessary steps for imparting skill development of entrepreneurship to surrendered militants
* To arrange for teaching yoga in each prison in Assam by involving NGOs/social workers
* To increase the wages of female prisoners by Rs 25/- per day for both skilled and unskilled category
* To pay one-time ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh per family of martyrs of Assam Agitation.
* To construct a Memorial and Park in honour of Assam Agitation martyrs to be known as Swahid Khetra
* To cover all schools up to Universities in the State under the innovative scheme Saptadhaara
* A broad-based consultation with all stakeholders before amending the Provincialization Act for schools
* To provide free textbooks for all the students of class IX and X from the next academic year.
* To develop composite school campuses ‘Sikhsa Khetra’ wherever amalgamation is possible and feasible
* On the lines of e-locker, to set up an electronic platform for creation of repository of educatiol records of students for easy maintence and instant access to all those stakeholders with due permission
* To launch a new scheme AAROHAN for prominent persons and officers to mentor at least 3 such students each. The State government will facilitate the programme with a provision for minor incidental expenses
* Anundaram Barooah Award to be restricted to only star mark students from next year
* To come up with detailed guidelines for implementing mid-day meal scheme through centralized kitchens in phased manner.
* ‘Computer Aided Learning’ to be extended to 297 Upper Primary schools
* To allow 50 SEBA affiliated schools from next academic session to impart education by obtaining affiliation of CBSE, based on merit of proposal of each such school
* To develop gender-specific schools as co-education schools
* A new scheme on exemption of fees including admission fees, tuition fees and any other fees from students who will take admission in the current year in HS 1st year in provincialized/government higher secondary schools and junior colleges of Assam, provided that the income of parents is below or Rs 1 lakh only per annum from all sources
* To set up 21 new polytechnics in 21 districts under Centrally Sponsored Scheme
* To develop three more universities by upgrading the existing colleges at Barpeta district, Bihpuria and Hojai.
* To make the Karimganj, Golaghat and Dhemaji engineering colleges fully functiol
* To appoint 12,000 TET teachers initially, and then appoint another 5,000 TET teachers in the government by April next year
* To establish 8 new DIET in Hojai, South Salmara, West Karbi Anglong, Charaideo, Biswath Charali, Baska, Chirang and Udalguri
* To install Wi-Fl system in college libraries
* To establish South Asian Study Centre at Guwahati University
* To allocate Rs. 1000 lakh to Shreemanta Shankar Deva University over a period of 3 years.
* To institute a Chair in the me of Shreemanta Shankardeva in the top five universities of the country.
* To introduce Gu Utsav” as an accountability framework for improving quality of primary education
* To introduce Health Assurance Scheme- Atal Amrit Abhiyan, a smart card based scheme with unique identification number for the beneficiary. The total sum assured will be Rs. 2,00,000/- per person per year. The scheme will be free for BPL people
* To upgrade the existing sub-divisiol hospitals of Biswath, Hojai, Sori, Hamren, Mancachar and Majuli to District Hospitals with all required infrastructures
* To make the 200 bedded cancer hospital attached to GMCH operatiol
* To establish cancer wings in the Government Medical Colleges at Jorhat, Tezpur, Silchar and Barpeta with advanced facilities, in a phased manner
* Completion of a super specialty block meant to house six disciplines viz -
Cardiology, Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Urology,
Nephrology at Gauhati Medical College & Hospital (GMCH) and
construction of another Super Specialty block consisting of Hematology,
Pediatrics Surgery, Gastroenterology, GI Surgery, Endocrinology & Burn
Unit through the Gol.
* To establish well equipped Cath Labs in the remaining four functiol Medical Colleges of the state, apart from GMCH & AMCH.
* Modern OPD dialysis unit to be established in GMCH with a facility to treat dialysis patients requiring dialysis per day to meet the present demand.
* An additiol 50 bedded ICU complex to be established in GMCH, Guwahati with all modern facilities to render services to the needy patients.
* To establish a 20 bedded dedicated ICCU in the department of Cardiology of GMCH, Guwahati for offering better services to the cardiac patients.
* To establish cadaver transplantation program in GMC&H, Guwahati to facilitate organ transplant.
* To establish a full-fledged Infertility Treatment Centre (ITC) in Gauhati Medical College for the poor and the needy patients.
* Chief Minister’s Free Diagnostic Scheme- to provide free of cost to all beneficiaries under this Initiative viz. Lab Facility, Radiology Services (XRay) and CT Scan.
* To establish 3 new Medical Colleges at gaon, Dhubri and North Lakhimpur during the year 2016-17 under CSS.
* To establish a Medical College at Kokrajhar at an estimated cost of Rs.
* To start a Medical College at Diphu at an estimated cost of Rs. 193 crores under State Plan.
* To enhance the rates of stipends for the students of Govt. Medical College, Regiol Dental College, Ayurveda students, Homeopathic interns and also for M.Sc. Nursing students.
* To raise the retirement age of our Government doctors belonging to all the streams to 65 years.
* To set up an All India Institute of Ayurveda (AllA) at Raha, gaon.
* To set up two 50 bedded Ayurvedic hospitals with the help of Government of India, at Majuli and Dudhnoi.
* 100 numbers of Blocks to be selected in Phase I of “Assam Yoga Project” and Rs 5.00 lakhs each will be spent for establishment of Yoga clusters at the Block level from where dissemition of message and practice of Yoga will be organized.
* To deploy 40 new Mobile Medical Units exclusively for Tea Garden areas.
* To introduce some scheme which guarantees compensation of wages for temporary pregnt workers of our tea gardens for six months so that they need not work during the crucial days of delivery to earn their livelihood.
* To procure medicines worth Rs. 200 crores through the Assam Medical Services Corporation starting next fincial year.
* To replace 95 numbers of 108 Mritunjay ambulances.
* To launch new boat ambulances fully equipped to travel during night time and thus provide round the clock Emergency Referral Services under 108 Mritunjoy at Sadiya, Majuli, Guwahati-North Guwahati, Dhubri, and South Salmara.
* To establish two higher end super specialty hospitals in PPP (public Private partnership) mode in Sitchar and Tezpur.
* Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment (AMRIT)- to reduce the expenditure incurred by patients on treatment of cancer and heart diseases, plan to open AMRIT outlets in the medical establishments providing tertiary care in Assam, i.e., Medical College Hospitals/Cancer Hospitals in the State.
* To establish dedicated evening OPD services for catering to the needs of the Senior Citizens in all the Medical Colleges and District Hospitals in a phased manner.
* To provide an amount of Rs. 7 lakhs each enhancing the earlier provision of Rs. 2 lakh each for construction of improvised Anganwadi Centres providing all basic facilities to all these 2375 Centres.
* For differently abled students, proposal to give them a scholarship of Rs.
3000 per month per student.
* To introduce e-procurement system in all procurements by the Social Welfare Department to remove corruption.
* To set aside Rs 50 lakh under Plan to revive the silk industry in Sualkuchi and thereby in the entire State.
* To expedite the efforts through Assam Silk Outreach Mission (ASOM) with a target to double muga production in next ten years.
* To set up nine Yarn Banks to ensure regular supply of raw yarn.
* To set up a Handloom Park at Biswath Chariali.
* To set up a tiol Institute of Fashion Technology Centre at Jagiroad under Morigaon district for building capacity of youth into high quality fashion technology.
* To establish a Handloom Commercial Complex at Machkhowa (Handloom Haveli) to provide suitable space for marketing of handloom products produced by weavers of the state.
* Grant in aid to Sualkuchi Institute of Fashion Technology (SIFT).
* To introduce the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) in the matter of a scholarship for SC, ST & OBC students.
* To provide Roof-Top Solar panel based electricity to individual households in areas predomintly inhabited by minorities, like the char areas, remote and hill areas.
* Individual metering to tea garden quarters to be provided during the fincial year.
* To share the cost of providing drinking water to all tea garden workers by sharing the cost burden of the water supply schemes in the tea gardens.
* To permanently establish an Inter-garden Chief Minister’s Football Cup in tea garden areas to be held in the tea garden areas, to promote sports.
* To set up a Patients guest house at Guwahati and Women hostel at Ganeshguri (Guwahati) for welfare of Tea tribes.
* To provide LED bulbs, drinking water facility etc. at the Tea Garden Workers Home.
* To construct three state of art stadiums at Dibrugarh, North Lakhimpur and in Kamrup District, so that positive energies of our young talent are channelized in the proper direction.
* To organize “FIFA under-17” in Assam in the year 2017 for the first time. To award Shiva Thapa, an emerging boxer Rs 10 lakh this year and if he gets a medal in Rio Olympics, to award Rs 1 crore to him.
* To award Rs. 5 lakh to Tanisha Kashyap, the first Assamese Girl to become India’s No. 1 in the junior tennis in the country and to represent India in Under-14 Wimbledon.
* A new Flagship Scheme of the Sports & Youth Welfare Department for organizing State and District level School Games in various sports disciplines for different age groups to be taken up in all the Districts of the State as “State School Games”.
* A Central Flagship Programme by the me of “Khelo India” to be given top priority to organize sports competitions in rural areas from Block to District and State level.
* To develop Kalaguru Bishnu Rabha Cultural and Sports Complex in Bindhakata High School, Chabua with an amount of Rs. 250 Lakh.
* To run Working Women Hostels in Guwahati, Silchar, Jorhat, Dibrugarh, Tezpur, Bongaigaon, etc in a phased manner.
* To establish Kumar Bhaskar Barman khetra on the lines of Shreemant Shankardeva Kalakhetra of Guwahati.
* To earmark Rs. 500 lakh for Sukafa Samanway Khhetra at Jorhat.
* To establish a cultural and research centre in Barak valley to be med after the great Saint, Swami Vivekanda.
* To establish an Azaan Peer Khetra in Sivasagar.
* To allocate a sum of Rs. 100 lakh for development of Aniruddha Deva Cultural Complex in Tinsukia.
* To complete the construction of Shri Madhab Deva Kalakhetra at rayanpur.
* The house of Dr. Bhupen Hazarika at Kuthori in gaon District and the house of Swahid Kushal Konwar at Sarupathar of Golaghat district to be developed as State heritage monuments.
* To upgrade infrastructure of District Library Auditorium, Silchar catering to the needs of multifarious activities of the public.
* To take initiative for setting up of state of the art auditoriums at par with the Rabindra Bhawan at Goalpara and Karimganj.
* For perpetuating the memory of late Achyut Lahkar, the great founder of mobile theatres, and for highlighting his contributions, proposal to develop a memorial at his tive village in Barpeta District.
* To support 50 satras by releasing Rs 50 lakhs per Satra.
* To provide a special grant to Assam Sahitya Sabha for celebration of Centery Year in addition to its normal grants.
* To provide a fincial assistance of Rs. 15 lakhs for opening of new cinema halls in other areas than Guwahati and also of Rs. 10 lakhs for renovation and reopening of closed cinema halls. This scheme to be med after beloved Dr Bhupen Hazarika.
* To complete the remaining works of Dr Bhupen Hazarika Smriti Udyan in Jalukbari.
* Proposal under consideration for starting Skill University in the State. The existing skill imparting institutes such as ITIs, Hotel Magement and other skill institutes to be brought under the ambit of this University so as to improve quality of the training in order to achieve the highest level of benchmark and standards.
* To open ten driving schools, one each at Guwahati, gaon, Jorhat, Sibsagar, Dibrugarh, Tinsukia, Tezpur, Bongaingaon, Dhubri, and Silchar with an allocation of Rs 3 crore each for each of the Schools from Employment Guarantee Mission.
* To make functiol from the next academic year, the 5 new ITIs located at Titabar, Pathsala, Rangia, Biswath Charali and Dudhnoi.
* To register and issue Social Security Cards to the un-organized workers and accordingly notified 36 Workers Facilitation Centres.
* To implement the accepted recommendations of 7th State Pay Commission from 1st April 2017.
* A housing loan up to Rs 15 lakhs to be provided to all eligible employees with focus on Grade-lV and Grade-Ill employees. Govt. take the burden of interest of about 3-4% through interest subvention.
* Higher Education Loans to be provided for the children of State Government employees of all categories and the State Government to provide a loan of Rs 5 Iakh to Rs 10 lakh at an interest rate of 4%.
* To develop a Government Employees Residential Complex in Majuli and the complex to comprise of well developed roads, sports facilities and a Central School, etc.
* To help the government employees in saving of a part of their salary by deducting 6% of the basic pay on which, the State Government will consider paying the interest rate at the RBI’s Repo Rate.
* A most modern and green building for housing Directorate Complex proposed from AIFA fund to be constructed at a cost of Rs 470 crore at Betkuchi, Guwahati within next three years.
* A cash award of Rs 25000/- to be provided to anyone whose information, evidence, mobile or video record leads to successful apprehension of the bribe-seeker or bribe-giver in the Government.
* Settling of pension cases in a time bound manner to be given topmost priority.
* For increasing the performance of the employees, 0.5% of the total salary budget earmarked for the training purpose of employees.
* Bio-Diversity Conservation of Basistha-Bahini expected to be completed this year.
* A policy decision for inclusion of one Woman Director in the Board of magement of State PSUs and allowing performance based incentive @ 3% of Net Profits to all employees of profit making PSUs having no accumulated loss to increase productivity.
* The Assam Government Press has launched the e-gazette in its website from July, 2016. Action is also being taken for uploading of Acts & Rules of Government in its website.
* Construction of new multi-storied Assam Houses/Bhawans in New Delhi, Bangalore, Vellore, Chenl & Kolkata along with extension work of Assam House/Bhawan in Shillong & Mumbai.
* For quick mobility in Flood and earthquake related emergencies, state to have a dependable, assured and permanent system through a leased helicopter.