New Delhi: Do you always remain conscious of smelly underarms in the summer season? Remain fresh and fragrant with easy hacks. While the primary treatment for underarm odour is keeping the area dry and controlling the bacteria generated, traditiol homemade remedies are very effective for it, suggests Divya Ohri, beauty expert and owner, Soham Wellness Clinic.
Here are some tips:
* General cleanliness and hygiene: Maintaining general cleanliness and hygiene, like bathing twice a day during summers cleans the bacteria off the skin. Since sweating is very frequent during summer, washing underarms twice a day with antibacterial soap and warm water helps. Clothes made of tural fibers like silk and cotton have the ability to absorb moisture and allow the skin to breathe.
* Restrictions on diet: Caffeine is a very effective stimulant which ignites the activity of apocrine glands. Thus, try to avoid caffeine, spicy foods, alcohol, saturated fats, sugar, and cigarettes which can contribute to underarm odour.
* Lowering the skin pH value: The bacteria which are responsible for the odour cannot survive on the skin if the pH value of the skin is low. Things like apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, and tea tree oil lowers the pH value of the skin. Soak a cotton cloth or cotton ball in apple cider vinegar or witch hazel and wipe the underarms instead of using deodorants.
* Using lemon: Another homemade remedy is lemon which is effectual in killing bacteria. Cut a fresh lemon into two halves. Rub one-half of the lemon on underarms and allow the juice to stick to your skin. Let it dry and then take a shower. You need to follow this remedy once daily until the body odor reduces considerably.
* Using tulsi and neem: Tulsi and Neem has antibacterial properties. These two plants are very common in our surroundings and can help curb bacteria faster. Take few tulsi and neem leaves and make a paste. Apply this paste on the underarms before going for a bath and leave it for few minutes. You should continue this process for thrice a week to witness results. (IANS)