Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Fire guts 'Make In India' cultural show

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  15 Feb 2016 12:00 AM GMT

Mumbai, Feb 14: A massive fire on Sunday evening engulfed the stage during a cultural extravaganza at the 'Make In India Week' event here, officials said. The blaze broke out during a Lavani performance at the mega event at Girgaum, the BMC Disaster Control said. Maharashtra Governor C.V. Rao, Chief Minister Devendra Fadvis and his wife Amruta Fadvis, Shiv Se chief Uddhav Thackeray and his wife Rashmi Thackeray, actors Amitabh Bachchan and Aamir Khan, ministers, parliamentarians, legislators, and other prominent persolities witnessing the performance were shifted to safer places. The BMC said the fire could have been caused by an electric short- circuit.

Next Story