Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

How to obtain slow-moving vehicle licence

How to obtain slow-moving vehicle licence

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  14 Jan 2019 2:43 AM GMT


License is a must for both the owner and puller of every slow-moving vehicle (SMV) such as bicycle-rickshaw, ice-cream carts, handcarts (thela), van vehicles etc. To get such license issued from the authority concerned, you have to apply in plain paper to the head of the civic body of the town or city you live in. It’s Guwahati Municipal Corporation for those in Guwahati. Make sure your (the owner’s) application has your full address with address proof, besides a fee of Rs 100 for bicycle-rickshaw, Rs 200 for thela, and Rs 130 for ice cream cart/van vehicle. If you are a puller of an SMV, you need to give your address, a certificate from the village head (gaon burha) and voter identity card along with your application.

The validity of an SMV licence is one year, which has to be renewed after every year.

Also read: 1679 driving licenses suspended

Next Story