Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Information About How To Get Name Changed

Information About How To Get Name Changed

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  1 April 2019 1:33 AM GMT

Want to get your name changed? You can, whatever the reason be — astrology, numerology, marriage or otherwise. You, however, have to mention the specific reason for changing your name. And the change may be your first name, last name or the entire name. All you need to do is going to the notary/first class magistrate for an affidavit that is a must for getting your name changed. The notary will suggest the stamp paper of required value on which the affidavit for the name change is made. Once you have the paper, you need to provide your name and a new name, current address and the reason for changing the name.

Make sure to publish the affidavit as an advertisement in two newspapers, a vernacular one and an English one.

If you’re a government official, gazette notification of the change of your name is mandatory. And if you aren’t, you may or mayn’t opt for gazette notification. For gazette notification, you need to go to the department concerned – the Government Press. You have to submit your identity proof, address proof, passport-size photocopies and the application form properly filled in.

Also Read: Top Headlines

Next Story