Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

TET teachers going without pay

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  26 Nov 2015 12:00 AM GMT

BY OUR STAFF REPORTER

GUWAHATI, Nov 25: Civic body employees of the State are working without any salary since April this year. The same is the case with DRDA employees of several districts. Now, Upper Primary and Lower Primary TET teachers have joined the ranks of unfortute employees serving without remuneration. With just a week left for the month of November to be over, TET teachers are yet to get their salaries for the month of October. The indifference of both the Central and State governments has forced the teachers, who were selected on merit basis through TET, to continue with their duties without salary. The worst affected are the teachers posted away from their home districts. The funding pattern for the salary of TET teachers is 90:10. The 90 per cent share is paid by the Centre while the remaining 10 per cent is borne by the State. The monthly requirement to pay the salaries of TET teachers of the State stands at Rs 67 crore.

Earlier, when the salaries of the teachers had gone irregular, the fault was on the part of Centre as it was not releasing its share.

However, this time the blame has been put on the State government as the Centre has reportedly released its share, but State has not released its.

Ironically, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi a few months back had announced that employees of the State government will get their salaries regularly and 'they need not worry about it'. But the Chief Minister is yet to walk his tall talk!

Next Story