Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Two new road projects announced

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  14 Nov 2015 12:00 AM GMT

By Our Staff Reporter

Guwahati, Nov 13: Assam government today announced two new road projects to connect smaller and remote villages in the State.

The total road length to be constructed under the two projects is 476.17 km. An estimated Rs 431.9601 crore will be spent in the projects which will cover all the 126 Legislative Assembly Constituencies.

Announcing this at a press conference here, state PWD Minister Ajanta Neog said these projects have been mainly targeted at covering those areas which have been left out in other road construction projects - like the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yoja - which have norms regarding population for grant of road.

"Villages with up to 250 population have been covered under various schemes. These two projects will mainly cover areas which do not fall under laid down norms," she said.

Neog said BARD will bear 90 per cent of the project cost (as loan), while the remaining 10 per cent will be borne by the State government.

Foundation for the Fakharuddin Ali Ajmed Paki Path Nirman Achani for the year 2015-16, which would have 305 km road length, will be iugurated by the Chief Minister in Darrang district on December 1 next.

The second project, Swahid Kushal Konwar Paki Path Nirman Achani for the year 2015-16, under which 289.74 km road and 171.17 m of bridge would be constructed, will be iugurated by the Chief Minister in Golaghat on December 3 next.

Elected representatives will iugurate the projects simultaneously in all the 126 LACs.

Interlocking concrete block pavement will be constructed for longetivity and durability factors under these two projects, which are targeted to be completed within one year.

Next Story