Inter-district Movement Ban for 15 Days in Assam: To curb the further spread of COVID-19, all inter-district transport services and movement of people shall remain suspended for 15 days with effect from 5 am of May 21.
Here are the details of 15 days Movement Ban in Assam
1. Movement of goods and persons including frontline workers in connection with COVID-19 related duties on production of valid documents.
2. Movement of persons coming from/going to airports/railway stations/ISBTs will be allowed to travel on production of valid ticket.
3. Movement of electronic, print media and government servants handling media issues on production of valid identity card. There shall be no restriction on inter-state movement of passengers and transportation of essential/ non-essential goods. No separate permission / e-pass will be required for such movements.
4. Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments providing following essential services/commodities shall be allowed: I. Shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits & vegetables, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals, medicines and medical equipments. II. Banks, Insurance offices and ATMs. III. Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipments through e-commerce. IV. Petrol pumps, LPG, CNG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
5. Movement of persons who are going for COVID-19 vaccination will also be allowed.
6. Movement of goods shall continue uninterrupted.
7. Movement related to medical, last rite emergencies or any other movement with written permission from the jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner of originating district will be allowed.
8. Other restrictions and exemptions as notified vide Orders of 4th May, 2021 for rural areas, of 12th May and 15th May, 2021 for urban and peripheral areas and clarifications issued on 13th May, 2021 shall continue to remain in force.