Top
Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

BJP-AGP Seat Sharing: Amit Shah, Nadda hold marathon meeting in Delhi

The meeting has almost finalized the seat sharing agreement. The formal announcement towards this end is expected to be made on Thursday.

BJP-AGP Seat Sharing: Amit Shah, Nadda hold marathon meeting in Delhi

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  4 March 2021 1:28 AM GMT

STAFF REPORTER

GUWAHATI: Union Home Minister and top BJP leader Amit Shah and BJP national president JP Nadda on Wednesday held a marathon meeting in New Delhi with the leaders of Assam BJP, AGP and UPPL to work out the seat sharing arrangement for the ensuing assembly elections in the State.

The meeting has almost finalized the seat sharing agreement. The formal announcement towards this end is expected to be made on Thursday. On the other hand the central selection committee of BJP will hold a meeting on Thursday and Friday to finalize the list of the party's candidates for the forthcoming assembly polls in Assam. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the central selection committee's meeting. After the meeting the BJP's central leadership will announce the party's names of candidates in Delhi on Friday.

Before leaving for New Delhi the Cabinet Minister and BJP leader Himanta Biswa Sarma told reporters in the city on Wednesday that 95 per cent issues relating to seat sharing of BJP-AGP has already been resolved. He said the rest 5 per cent issues will be sorted out after having discussion with the central leadership of BJP.

Sarma said both parties (BJP-AGP) will have to adopt give and take policy. He also hinted that the AGP would be able to field the same number of candidates in 2021 elections that the party did in 2016.

Sources said the BJP wants to replace its candidates in six constituencies where the AGP has now sitting MLAs. The BJP will leave four constituencies (where the party has sitting MLAs) to the AGP, the source said.

Also Read: Notice issued to Manipur journalist under New IT Rules withdrawn after Centre intervenes

Also Watch: Arvind Kejriwal will not visit Assam for Assembly Polls Campaign

Next Story