Step taken to check community spread of COVID-19
GUWAHATI: The Kamrup (Metro) administration on Tuesday declared 'Total Lockdown' in 11 wards under the GMC (Guwahati Medical Corporation) to check the threat arising from the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases in those areas; and to contain any possibility of community spread of coronavirus. There are 31 wards under the GMC.
Talking to the media, Kamrup (M) Deputy Commissioner Biswajit Pegu further said, "The step has been taken following the directives of the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA). It will come into force from 9 pm on Tuesday."
The ASDMA directive signed by State Chief Secretary Kumar Sanjay Krishna further said that the total lockdown "shall remain valid for a period of 14 days with effect from today subject to modification as and when required".
The total lockdown will be enforced in the following areas of the 11 Wards:
1. Ward No 2: Ferry Ghat Colony No 3, 4, 5, & 6; New Railway Colony, Institute Colony, Triangular Colony; LOCO Colony; BBC Colony; Part of Sadilapur; Garpandu; and Jaymati Nagar. 2. Ward No. 3: Rest Camp Colony; Water Works Railway Colony; Temple Ghat Colony; Maligaon Baripara area; Garpandu area; Adabari; Adabari RIy Colony; Green Park Colony; Anandanagar, and the Maligaon area.
3. Ward no. 4: Kamakhya Temple; Kamakhya Colony Area; Pandu Nath Basti; Kalipur area; and rest of Maligaon area.
4. Ward no. 5: Maligaon Rly Colony (East and West); Gotanagar Rly Colony (West, Central and East); Gosala Rly Colony; Durgasarobar and Santipur; and Bhutnath.
5. Ward no. 6: Dhirenpara; Ganeshpara; Manpara; Datalpara; Kotahbari; Gorchuk and Jyotikuchi (Part).
6. Ward no. 7: Gotanagar (Part); Gotanagar NC; Maligaon NC; Fatasil NC; Durgasarobar; Fatasil; and Dhirenpara Hill Side.
7. Ward no. 8: Kumarpara; Machkhowa; Athgaon (Part); and Bharalumukh.
8. Ward No.9: Chatribari; Krishna Nagar; Tokobari; Fancybazar; Athgaon (Part).
9. Ward No. 10 (Part): Panbazar; Fancybazar (Part); and Solapara.
10. Ward No.15: Bishnupur; Natunbasti; Bimalanagar; Mahendra Nagar; Sankarpur; and Fatasil (Part).
11. Ward No. 16: Bhaskar Nagar; Barsapara; Dhirenpara (Part); Anandanagar; and Rongpathar.
1. Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited in the specified areas;
2. All government offices, offices of autonomous/ subordinate offices and private offices shall remain closed;
3. All business/commercial establishments, shops and trade activities shall remain closed;
4. All Industrial establishments shall remain closed;
5. All public transport services shall remain suspended;
6. Movement of all Private vehicles is banned;
7. All hospitality services shall remain suspended;
8. All educational research, training, coaching institutions shall remain closed;
9. All places of worship shall remain closed for public. No religious congregation will be permitted without any exception;
10. All social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions, gathering shall be barred;
11. Not more than 20 persons will be permitted in case of funerals;
12. Spitting in public places is banned and will be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed by the local authority in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations.
13. Consumption and sale of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco etc., in public places are prohibited.
a) Defence, Central and State Police forces, establishment of the District Magistrate, Home Guards, Civil Defence, Fire & Emergency Services, Disaster Management, Treasury, Public Utilities (including petroleum, LPG), Post Offices, NIC, Electricity, Water, Sanitation, Municipal bodies (only staff required for essential services like sanitation, water supply etc.) will be allowed to function;
b) Hospitals and other related medical establishments including their manufacturing and distribution units both in public and private sector such as dispensaries, chemist and medical equipment shops, laboratories, clinics, nursing homes, ambulances etc., will continue to remain functional. The transportation of all medical personnel, nurses, paramedical staff, other hospital support services will be permitted;
C) Shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder will remain open from 10 AM to 5 PM;
d) Bank, Insurance and ATMs shall operate;
e) Print and electronic media including newspaper distribution are allowed;
f) Telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services, IT and IT-enabled services to continue;
g) Delivery of essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce is allowed;
h) Petrol pumps, LPG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets are allowed to operate;
i) Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services shall continue;
j) Cold storage and warehousing services shall continue;
k) Private security services are allowed;
I) Manufacturing units of essential commodities is allowed;
m) Production units which require continuous process are allowed after obtaining required permission from DC:
n) Transportation of essential goods, vehicles of Health, Fire, Law & Order and Emergency Services are allowed;
o) Hotels which are accommodating quarantined persons, medical and emergency staff, air crew shall operate with skeleton service;
p) Establishments used /earmarked for quarantine facilities shall operate;
q) Government officers and employees on duty are allowed;
r) Persons associated with supply of milk, baby food, medicines and water supply are allowed;
s) Railway offices and persons directly linked with operation of passenger and goods trains shall be allowed to operate;
t) Thoroughfare without stopping is allowed on: (i) Jalukbari to Noonmati via Panbazar (MG Road); (ii) Jalukbari to Khanapara (NHAI Four Lane); (iii) GS Road from Paltanbazar to Khanapara; (iv) Lokhra Chariali to Paltanbazar; and (v) Panbazar to Ganeshguri via RG Baruah Road.
All other activities other than specified as exempted above shall remain prohibited in the entire area until further orders.
Provisions for thermal scanning, hand wash and sanitizer will be made at all entry and exit points and common areas.
Wearing of face-cover is compulsory in public places, workplaces and during transport etc.
Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health purposes.
The Commissioner of Police / District Magistrate of Kamrup Metropolitan shall strictly enforce the above measures.
Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC, and other legal provisions as applicable, the directive added.
Also watch: Evening Bulletin | 23rd June, 2020