Begin typing your search above and press return to search.

Dispur okays SDRF funds for repair & restoration of flood-damaged infrastructures

The State Executive Committee (SEC) of SDRF (State Disaster Response Fund) on Tuesday allocated funds to various departments for the repair and restoration of different types of infrastructures damaged across Assam due to the floods during 2020.

SDRF funds

Sentinel Digital DeskBy : Sentinel Digital Desk

  |  2 Dec 2020 1:57 AM GMT

* Water Resources Department gets highest allocation of Rs 216 crore

STAFF REPORTER

GUWAHATI: The State Executive Committee (SEC) of SDRF (State Disaster Response Fund) on Tuesday allocated funds to various departments for the repair and restoration of different types of infrastructures damaged across Assam due to the floods during 2020. The SEC's first meeting during fiscal 2020-2021 also decided to provide compensation to the farmers affected by siltation after the flood waters receded. The Agriculture department will deposit compensations as per the DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode in the bank accounts of 3, 19, 415 affected farmers.

The SEC allocated the highest allocation of Rs 216 crore to the Water Resources Department for carrying out more than 100 repair and restoration of damaged or washed-away embankments. The Agriculture department received allocation of Rs 78.57 crore followed by the PWD (Rs 59 crore), and the Irrigation department (Rs 1 crore 51 thousand).

On the basis of decisions arrived at during the SEC meeting, the Revenue & Disaster Management Department will issue the administrative approvals to the proposals of the departments. Then, the departments will be able to carry out their works related to the 2020 floods.

Among those present in the meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Jishnu Barua was the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Assam State Disaster Management Authority, M.S. Manivannan besides the senior officials of various departments.

The Government of India (GoI) has allocated Rs 858 crore to Assam under SDRF in the current financial period. While the Centre will bear 90 per cent of the allocated fund, the State government will have to bear the remaining 10 per cent. The Central government has already released the first installment of Rs 386 crore to the Government of Assam.

Also watch: World AIDS Day: ASACS and AIACWA staged protest in in Guwahati

Also Read: Central team to tour Assam for three days from November 23


Next Story