In a tragic incident, two wild elephants were electrocuted and died on the spot in the west Karbi Anglong district of Assam. The herd of elephants came in contact with a low hanging 33-kilo volt power cable which resulted in them getting electrocuted to death. The incident took place on Tuesday (December 15) night at Bogorighat village in West Karbi Anglong. The elephants –one male one female elephant carcasses were spotted by the residents of the area on Wednesday and informed Forest Department officials from the Southern Range which rushed to the spot immediately. A resident of the village said, "the herd of elephants was roaming in and around the in these areas for the last two months in search of food."The locals of the village blamed Assam State Electricity Board (ASEB) for not maintaining the height of the wire of 33KV which resulted in the death of the elephants.
Two elephants electrocuted in West Karbi Anglong, Assam
In a tragic incident, two wild elephants were electrocuted and died on the spot in the west Karbi Anglong