IPL PLAYER AUCTION 2021: EXPENSIVE AND ECONOMICAL ACQUISITIONS
19 Feb, 2021
THE EXPENSIVE BUYS:
1. Chris Morris - The South African all-rounder was the most expensive acquisition in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL) with Rajasthan Royals (RR) buying him for a whopping Rs. 16.25 crores.
2. Kyle Jamieson - This 26-year-old all-rounder from New Zealand was sold to the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) for Rs. 15 crores.
3. Glenn Maxwell - With scores of experience of playing the IPL with the Punjab Kings (previously known as Kings XI Punjab), this Australian all-rounder was bought by the RCB for Rs. 14.25 crores.
4. Jhye Richardson - The 24-year-old Australian pace bowler might make his IPL debut with the Punjab Kings buying him for Rs. 14 crores.
5. Krishnappa Gowtham - With the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) buying him for a hefty amount of Rs. 9.25 crores, this all-rounder from Karnataka became the most expensive uncapped Indian player in the history of IPL.
THE ECONOMICAL ACQUISITIONS:
1. Arjun Tendulkar - Son of the cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, Arjun Tendulkar was sold to the defending champions of the last IPL season Mumbai Indians (MI) at his base price of Rs. 20 lakhs.
2. Harbhajan Singh - With 150 IPL wickets to his tally, this IPL veteran was sold to the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for Rs. 2 crores. Previously, he played for the Mumbai Indians for 10 seasons and was an integral part in winning three titles.
3. Steve Smith - The runners up of the last season of IPL - Delhi Capitals (DI) made a smart acquisition with the former Australian and RR captain Steve Smith at Rs. 2.2 crores.
4. Shakib Al Hasan - The former Bangladeshi captain, with skills and experience both as a batsman and a bowler, was sold to KKR at Rs. 3.2 crores