GUWAHATI: Health and Family Welfare department, Govt. of Assam State Surveillance Unit,IDSP National Health Mission, Assam have come up with most recent updates on coronavirus situation in the state.
“In this context, Assam state has strengthened the surveillance and control measures against the disease,” according to an official report.
According to the report:
- WHO has declared the recent COVID19 epidemic is affecting 167 countries and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the Diamond Princess cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan) as International Public Health Emergency of International concern with 203,612 confirmed cases with death toll up to 8,229. In India so far total 152 confirmed cases with 3 death have been reported.
- In this context, Assam state has strengthened the surveillance and control measures against the disease. Till date, total 11975 passengers were screened at Airport, (9842) at LGBI Airport Guwahati, (393) Mohanbari Airport Dibrugarh, (1716) Roroiya Airport Jorhat, (38) Kumbhir gram Airport Silchar, (25) Lilabari Airport Lakhimpur, (72) Salonibari Airport Tezpur. Till date, total 3,243 nos. passengers screened at Land Port viz-Darranga(Baksa), Mankachar(South Salmara), Sutarkandi(Karimganj). Also 24,029 nos. persons screened at different places in Assam like Railway Station, Bus Stand etc. till today.
- Total 634 travelers from COVID19 affected countries have been identified and out of them, 152 nos. of passengers completed observation period for 28 days and remaining 482 are under home isolation. Till date 31 samples were collected and 2 samples were sent to NIV Pune for testing and result found negative, 7 samples were sent to RMRC Lahowal Dibrugarh and all are found negative, 20 samples were sent to Virological Lab GMCH, Guwahati and 15 are found negative and 5 awaited, and 2 samples were sent to JMCH, Jorhat and out of 2, one sample found negative and one awaited. 104 (Sarathi) and Control Room has been established on shift basis for call receiving and guidance, till today 1126 calls received and information given.
- In the background of the present COVID19 outbreak, the general public is advised to adhere to health advisories issued by the State Government. Public should follow the cough etiquette by covering the nose and mouth using handkerchief/towel while sneezing/coughing and do frequent hand washing with soap and water. Those who have arrived from the corona affected countries should remain under strict home isolation for 28 days from the date of arrival in India, irrespective of whether they are symptomatic or asymptomatic. As there are no positive cases in Assam, the border districts of Baksa, Chirang, Kokrajhar and Udalguri are on COVID19 surveillance and any suspected persons are advised to report immediately to DSU/SSU, IDSP Assam.
State has strengthened the Surveillance and Control measures against the disease. State• control room no-6913347770/1/2/3 and 104 (Sarathi) is functional.
Isolation wards and quarantine facilities
- Separate isolation wards and quarantine facilities have been earmarked in all the districts of
the state (1125 beds for isolation in CHC/SDH/MH and other govt Institutions)
- 57 Nos. of beds in Isolation ward with ICU/Ventilator facility are kept ready at Govt.
Medical Colleges &Hospitals for confirmed COVID19 cases. Further, 2 bedded Isolation
wards are established in all District civil hospitals for the same.
- Till date 39,247 persons have been surveyed.
- 599 persons who came in contact with COVID-19 positive cases were identified and kept
under home surveillance as they are asymptomatic. Five of symptomatic patient’s samples
were tested for COVID 19 and all were found negative as on 18-03-2020.
- Department has coordinated with all the departments of GoA and shared all advisory
regarding IEC, Screening, Preventive measures as per GOI.
Training and IEC
- Training is being carried out for Doctors, Para Medical Staffs and frontline workers such as
- Workshop conducted at State/district level with Private hospitals with the expert team from
- Identified IEC activities are being carried out through posters/pamphlets/hoardings/print
media/miking etc. ASHA and ANM are carrying out sensitization activity in all their concerned
Rapid Response Team
- Rapid Response Teams have been constituted in all the districts and has been trained and