GUWAHATI: A fire broke out at Fancy Bazaar near a Masjid in the wee hours of the morning on Tuesday. A resident, Mustaq Hussain was the first to spot the fire. His four-room house was completely burnt down and along with the loss of his possessions; cash of Rs 50 thousand was also lost. Other buildings lost in the fire included two Cosmetics Godown owned by Raja, a paper recycle godown owned by Askar Ali and a printing press owned by Rabi Kumar Sharma. The printing press has incurred a loss of around 60 lakh. 20 fire brigades arrived on the spot to extinguish the fire.
Another fire was reported at Railway Colony, Gota Nagar, Maligaon which burnt down Quarter No 116D, 118A, 118B, 118C and 118D. A short circuit is reported to be the cause of the fire and 8 fire brigades arrived to calm the raging flames.
Also Read: GUWAHATI CITY